Monday, May 25, 2009

Refrigerator Poetry

Before it disappears, I have imprudently decided to preserve some of the poetry I wrote with refrigerator magnets. The title was unfortunately not included with the other magnets. I wonder why.

Azrael

The angel of death,
Like winter,
Appears by you dreaming,
Black flood,
White mount,
And a purple knife drawn,
Then like an egg,
It's smooth skin sweet parting
A moment of silence,
And then summer song.

(I made one slight change from the original text. If the work were of the slightest importance I would be condemned to that level of Inferno reserved for impudent scribes. As it is, I hope to get by with a few years Purgatory). 

1 comment:

  1. I really like this L.D! How can you be more talented than I when you're just using REFRIGERATOR MAGNETS!?
    you're so cool. :D

    ReplyDelete